2018 Padre Lucas
10th Annual -Bahia De Los Angeles -Padre Lucas Tournament
June 28-30, 2018
Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The cost will be $50.00 per entry. Included will be a welcome party with chips and margaritas; and on Saturday the 30th we will have the awards dinner and trophies included. This tournament becomes bigger and better every year. Tournament headquarters is Guillermo’s. For more local information go to bahiadelosangeles.info which has accommodations, guides, etc.
A waypoint stop to Bahia de Los Angeles is Don Eddie’s Landing in San Quintin. The road in is now paved and they offer Vagabundos Members discounts on rooms, dinner and breakfast. Sign up at the Vagabundos office - 800-474-2252(Baja).
Larry and Janet Lammon
1. The three day Tournament is for yellowtail and other sport fish; excluding sharks, rays, billfish (marlin, sailfish, etc.), squid, and other non-sport fish.
2. Tournament headquarters is Guillermo’s. For more local information go to bahiadelosangeles.info which has accommodations, guides, etc.
3. The Tournament Director will interpret rules and has the sole responsibility of awards.
4. The entry fee is $50 to participate. Anyone may enter the Tournament.
5. Entry into the Tournament is when you sign up prior to the first day. You may sign up ahead of time at the Vag Office (800) 474-2252 or in BOLA at Guillermo’s with Larry and Janet. If you provide an email or address after the Tournament you will receive complete results and information for next year’s Tournament. Results will be posted on the bahiadelosangeles.info website and published in the Chubasco and the Vagabundos website www.vagabundos.com.
6. Fish must be on the beach at Guillermo’s weigh scales, no later than 3 p.m. each day.
7. Each angler may weigh two yellowtail and two other sport fish. The heaviest fish in each category will be the angler’s entry for that day. One fish in each category will get one award each day. Results will be posted at Guillermo’s later that day.
8. Each angler must have a Mexican fishing license (available at Vag Office) and follow Mexican Sportfishing laws.
9. There will be three awards for each category each day. There will be a Grand Champion, determined by the combined weight of the anglers best yellowtail and best other sport fish for the three days. The winner will receive the “Gran Copa de Margarita”. In the event of a tie, the largest yellowtail will prevail. The Awards Banquet will be at Guillermo’s Saturday night at 6 p.m.